Lets check how to simple setup reCaptcha with base settings.
To create reCaptcha you need:
- Go to the plugin settings: “Contact Form” > “Settings” > “reCaptcha” tab > “General Settings” section, add reCAPTCHA key/secret key pair in the corresponding fields of this section and save plugin settings.
NB! reCaptcha is a third-party library that provided by Google. We don’t have any relationship to this library and just allow to integrate it inside our plugin as it is. You can get reCAPTCHA key/secret key on the official reCaptcha site for free. More information about reCapctha can be found in the Google Development Documentation.
- Go to the plugin settings: “Contact Form” > “Settings” > “Form” tab > “Fields Settings” section and use following options (based on numbers on the image below):
- Choose “Captcha” field type;
- Set some field name as technical name for internal usage (“reCaptcha” on the example image);
- Set “Visibility” checkbox as checked;
- Set “Required” checkbox as checked;
- Set “Export to CSV” checkbox as unchecked;
- Press on button with “gear” to open additional field settings;
- Set captcha subtype to “reCaptcha” in the “Captcha Type” drop-down field;
- Set some text value for display label into “Display Label” field (“Help us to prevent spam by ticking the box below:” on the on the example image).This text will be displayed above the field on the site frontend;
- Set some text value for text note below the field into “Description” field (“Please confirm you’re not a robot!” on the on the example image).
After these steps you need to save form settings and check the result on the site frontend.
Please, leave a feedback about the page. Was this article helpful?